What is Localgiving.com?
Localgiving.com is an easy and effective online tool for local charities and community groups to raise money, awareness and support. This website empowers local communities by providing resources to small charities and community organisations so you can be more effective and self-sustainable.
How can Localgiving.com help my charity or organisation?
Localgiving.com gives you web pages that you simply write and update yourself, plus ways to easily keep in touch with your supporters, and where supporters can make direct donations to your organisation. All this will help increase your sustainability by:
• Reducing dependency on grants in the face of
- Increased need in the community
- Reduced grants and government funding
- Advantages large charities have in the ever growing online donations market
• Maximising exposure in the online giving market
• Providing new sources of funding and support
• Post your volunteer needs
• Raising awareness of the great work being done in your community
What are the benefits of registering?
• Automated Gift Aid to maximise giving (currently 25%)
• Effective, user-friendly, robust and self-service online solutions to increase awareness, support and funding
• The ability to maximise website traffic and online donations
• Extensive search facilities for donors to find charities by issue, area & beneficiary
• Sophisticated online communications tools to communicate with supporters and donors
• Your own updateable web page to attract volunteers, donations and raise awareness online
• Improved search results on Google and other search engines to increase exposure
• Approval by the Charity Commission and OSCR
• The service is free for the first 3 months. The service costs only £60 +VAT (£72) annually thereafter.
Who can register?
To register on Localgiving.com through Community Foundation for Merseyside and Lancashire you do not have to be a registered charity, but your organisation does have to have clear charitable aims, and also has to be based and working in Merseyside and Lancashire.
There is a one-off assessment charge of £20 to groups unknown to Community Foundation for Merseyside and Lancashire who complete a vetting process form, available for you to obtain by emailing: email@example.com.